|Jimmy Nee Scholarship News
We are pleased to announce that the South Boston Neighborhood House (SBNH) will be accepting applications for the Seventh Annual Jimmy Nee Memorial Scholarship for members of the SBNH Adolescent Program. The money for this scholarship will be raised through the Annual Jimmy Nee Memorial Golf Tournament for the South Boston Neighborhood House. We will be awarding one $500 scholarship to an 8th grader entering the 9th grade for each of his/her four years of high school.
To apply, you must be a registered member of the South Boston Neighborhood House Adolescent Program, complete an application in full and return to the South Boston Neighborhood House, 521 East Seventh Street by Friday, May 26th at 5 p.m. The scholarship winner will be announced by Monday, June 5th and will be awarded at the Jimmy Nee Memorial Golf Tournament on Friday, June 9th.
Listed below are guidelines for interested applicants:
- The scholarship is for registered members of the South Boston Neighborhood House Teen Program who will be entering 9th grade in September, 2006.
- This scholarship grant can be used only for tuition for school.
- $500 will be awarded to the recipient for each of his/her four years of high school contingent on their favorable status at school.
- The scholarship recipient must submit to SBNH a copy of the school tuition bill. Upon receipt of this bill, SBNH will authorize a check for $500 payable to the awardees school.
- The Scholarship Committee will consist of one Staff Member, one Board Member, one Boston Police Officer, and one Community Resident, all of whom are free from any conflict of interest.
- The awardee and his/her family are invited to attend the Reception/Post Golf Tournament Luncheon of the Jimmy Nee Memorial Golf Tournament on Friday, June 9th at 3 p.m. at Florian Hall. This is where the winner will be recognized.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Kathy Lafferty at 617-268-1619 x28.